Is a language course” Polish for foreigners” a pleasure or a must for foreigners?
When is it important to learn the language of Mickiewicz, Chopin or Copernicus? We will try to answer these questions.
- When in Rome, do as the Romans do – if a foreigner plans to live and work in Poland then a language course” Polish for foreigners” becomes a necessity.
- Running a business can be quite demanding as you have to face many issues every day. ” Ignorantia iuris nocet “(not knowing the law is harmful), as they say, and so does the lack of language knowledge in running a business.
- If your life partner is Polish, then it is important to get to know the language and culture because of her/him and his/her family.
- If you are a language freak then learning Polish at “Polish for foreigners” course will be an interesting challenge. If you think Asian languages are difficult – you are in for a treat!
- If you have family in Poland or Polish roots, then it is worth learning the language of your ancestors.
- If you are going to be promoted to a high rank position, then it is required to know the language and even have a certificate.
- If you want to receive permanent residence, you have to prove you know Polish at B1 level in CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- If you have children aged 7 to18, then you are obliged by law to send them to school which means they will have to learn Polish.
- In order to be recognized as a Polish citizen, a foreigner is required to know Polish. The knowledge must be confirmed by a language certificate obtained after passing the state exam.